Aurecon is committed to the principles of sustainable development - meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
We recognise the need to balance economic growth with social development and the protection of the environment.
In demonstrating our commitment to these ideals, our corporate challenge is to embed sustainability as an integral part of our culture, our skills and our deliverables.
- Helping our clients, partners and stakeholders meet their sustainability commitments
- Incorporating sustainability considerations into our services and project deliverables
- Increasing our sustainability knowledge, skills and tools
- Incorporating sustainability into our corporate values
- Reducing the footprint of our operations, including our carbon emissions.
In responding to the broader sustainability and immediate climate change challenges, we encourage innovation and support sound scientific and engineering research into enhanced energy, building, water and infrastructure solutions that meet community needs, now and into the future.
Our showcase projects in terms of sustainability include amongst others:
- Phase II of Nedbank’s head office in Sandton (South Africa’s first Green Star SA Building)
- Aurecon’s office building in Century City, Cape Town (The first building in South Africa to be awarded a 5 Star Green Star SA rating)
- 235 St Georges Terrace, Australia (Achieved a 5 Star NABERS base building energy rating, ensuring it is one of the most energy efficient contemporary office developments in Australia)
- Aurecon’s Tshwane offices (First offices in Tshwane to achieve a 4 Star Green Star SA Office Design v1 rating)
- Lake Bonney Wind Farm Stage 3, Australia
- Maguga Dam on the Komati River, Swaziland
- Castle Hill Wind Farm, New Zealand
- The Government of Malawi's Poverty Alleviation & Food Security Programme, Malawi
- Ferndale Sustainable Community, New Zealand
- Nova Vida, Angola
- Australia-East Timor Community Water Supply and Sanitation Programme (CWSSP), Timor-Leste
If you require additional information on our sustainability and climate change services or policies, please contact us.